Saturday, October 4, 2008

Day 8: Daddy here I am again, would you take me back tonight.

I love Fairy Lights.

They remind me of lighthouses, how they guide people home, when they are lost in darkness. I like to think about the Prodigal son in the bible. I imagine the story in a bible times/Laura Ingalls Wilder type setting. I Imagine that after his son left, the father would wait up later than normal each night, waiting and watching for his sons return. Then when he went to bed each night, he would light a lamp and stick it in the window, to shine a light to show his son the way home. I think of how God does this for us, making sure we can find our way home, when we are lost and in darkness.

At church tonight, they sang a song called “Gratitude”

I love the lyrics to this song, and each time I hear it, it humbles me. As children we are taught that God will provide, and then (I feel) we continue to try and rely on ourselves, and then get angry with God because he hasn’t given us what we want. I try to constantly remind myself that it is GOD’S plan, not Mine that is best. God only has three answers. Yes, No, and Not yet.

That is why these lyrics speak into my heart.

“Or maybe not, not today
Maybe You'll provide in other ways

God will provide, maybe not in the way we want, but he WILL provide us with the things we need.

I have to go make cake now… I already have a subject for tomorrow… now to find the perfect picture!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can see that lamp in the window....good stuff. Looks like love.