Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Day 4: My Challenge to You

Look at this beauty. On sale down the street from my house, It reminded me of the movie Pleasantville.

This Blog is going to be short and sweet. I was going through my purse, and I came across my latest letter from Vasquez. In all my “busyness” I realized that I haven’t written to him in almost a month. I can’t imagine how he feels, I feel terrible for him. I feel like my classmates, and even myself at times, have done him a great disservice. He checked on us everyday, and was more than our Teacher, but was (and still is) our friend.

It hurts my heart to get letters from him and hear the heartbreak in his words on how his “friends” have left him because of his mistake. Being in Prison isn’t his punishment, the fact that those who said they would stand behind him have left him, is a mental and emotional anguish that none of us can understand. Yet he has never lost his faith, and is constantly reminding me

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you." Deuteronomy 31:6

So this is my challenge to you.

Stop reading this Blog.

Break out your pen and Paper.

Pick up your phone.

Bring up your email.

Write that letter, or make that phone call that you have been putting off. Let someone know you care. Let someone know that they are loved.

No comments: