Monday, September 29, 2008

Day 3: The Dedication Blog: To Negative Nance, Dock time, Chris, Chad, Sue and everyone’s story


I miss my girls : [ and because I couldn't have dock time, I had the next best thing.
..
September 29th, 2008
..
I got to share my story with a new person today. The rush of emotions that (I feel) everyone gets are the same everytime. 1)Nervious 2)Shy 3)Honor 4)Skeptisism and 5)Relief. Its always cool (in my opinion) to share your story (testimony) with someone new.

I wonder what it is in our lives that makes us think our stories are so uninteresting, maybe its just me, but I long to know other peoples story, They're Skeletons, They're Scars.

When I was younger (and I imagine anyone who has an older sister they look us to has done this.) I relished in reading my sisters diary. Even if I got caught, which I did, more that once...(Sorry Carrie!!) I felt it was worth it, to know my sister's secrets. Even today I love it when my sister tells me details about her life. To me it is so much fun to swap stories, and in other ways to know that you're not alone. Crap I hope she still keeps a diary that i can read one day (with her permission...Jeez!!)

That has probably been my favorite part of the time I spent with TWLOHA, and with my Dock time with Hannah and Whitney.
Spending Dock time with you both kept my spirits up, and I know that sailboat races can be fun to watch with the right people.

The day we gathered and shared our stories. not only at spring break, but also this summer. I truly know from that experience that I am not alone. I met this guy named Chris. Let me tell you, he is an Amazing Man-Boy. He helped me a lot in my struggles. I love knowing that I know him and without saying anything, he can understand, He's been there. - Chris, Your an Amazing Man boy. Thank you for helping me. You have been a great friend, and a wonderful example. Don't ever change!

Chad. Chad Chuck. Wheat Thin! you are so freaking amazing! Thank you for helping me find my faith again.

I don't even have a good lead ino my time spent in the Cave/Darwf House/Pleasure Pit! I say that if I ever live in the attic craw space of a 100+ year old house, sharing a bathroom with 16 other people again, I want to do it with Momma Sue. I have laughed, cried, and shared more with Sue than anyone in my entire life. It takes a true friend to still love you when they fall down the stairs and laugh along with you. (seriously, watch the third step, it will kill you.)
Sue - You are more amazing than you know. I love you very much. I saw some girls car dancing the other day and almost cried. Stay Classy!

TWLOHA was an amazing experience. I love how so many stories intertwine to make up lives, and friendships.

To the rest of my TWLOHA friends... I love you. You will be "Featured" soon.

To anyone reading this, know that you have a story, and know that it matters!

1 comment:

Jesse Carbo is what they call me. said...

I love your pictures and your thoughts. It's a great way to live out our humanity in this world as Jesus did.