Monday, September 14, 2009

I love pomegranates

They are my favorite fruit. But the thing about pomegranates is that
They carry a multitude of disadvantages to the person eating them.
Pomegranates are MESSY! The pomegranate juice will permanently stain
Your clothes, your fingers usually remain dyed for a few days, and the
Process of removing the tiny seeds of fruit can be tedious. It usually
Involves 2 bowls, a sharp steak knife, a dishtowel, and a trash can.
Only after you have done A LOT of work do you get to enjoy it.

But this makes me think of my growth spiritually. It is Messy! And it
Takes a lot of work. Your hands get dirty, and like the stains, your
Life is forever changed.

This week I’ve learned that this journey is going to messy and hard.
Your feelings are going to get hurt. You’re going to have to put
Yourself in vulnerable places, you will have to eat crow, meet with
People who you don’t get along with easily or who hurt your feelings and do your best to treat
Others as yourself.

This week is hard for me, this season is hard, but I am going to do my best. This week I’m committed to being open and honest. I’m committed over all to having a better attitude.

No comments: