Sunday, September 6, 2009

Are we asking the right questions?

I have been saved many a time by people asking not "How are you?" but by asking "Are you Happy." People may not think so, but simple conversations matter.

I had a convo with mike today that I've needed to have for awhile now. I feel extremely discontent with school, and I don't know how to explain it other than the fact that I LOVE school, but this semester I feel extreme discomfort, and really don't feel like I am called nor want to be there. I was telling mike that I feel like I need to have a "back up plan" I don't feel like i have a "Direction" in my life, and I've never felt like I've had a professional calling in life. I want to be a wife and mom and just be there as a friend to people and encourage them. I feel like this "back up plan" is sinful, its like saying to God my way is beeter. But how do I know that school isn't God's plan? I'm not paying for it, so I don't know that this isn't God's provision?

I feel like there is/will be a stigma about not being college educated, yet there is so much I want to do, or feel like I could do, that God is calling me to, if I weren't in school. and Maybe it just has to do with the "fear" of what others think (and talking about this with my advisors at school)

James 1:5-6 - If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him. 6 But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind. - I believe that God will give me the answers, and I trust him, I just need some guidance.

I need guidance and wisdom and to surround myself with Godly people, and any practical advice I could get would be appreciated. :]

I want to honor God, and I don't want it to be all about me. I don't want to be a "I" person. I want to lift others up.

God, I want to honor you and I trust in you. God help me not to get caught up in pleasing you, rather than trusting you.

No comments: