Monday, November 24, 2008

More Prose, Less Cons.

What is Love?

Well?

What is it?
I know, - Its corny.

But everyone seems to be an expert now days.
What does it mean to love?
To be loved?

And when I say loved,
I mean
Unconditional.
Without Regret.
More than Boy Meets Girl.
Lust at first sight.
Tingling in my Heart.
Kind of Love.

Pure.
Undefiled.
True to all people.
Kind of Love.

- Show me that Love.
Love that is no Respecter of persons.
Love that knows no bounds.
Love that is Blind.
Blinded by the love by, and for.
It’s People.
Of its one, and only, Created beings.
One of a kind. Like no other.
(There is a REASON no one’s fingerprints are the same.)

Show me that Love.
Love that follows no rules.
Unbiased.
Child-like.
Innocent.
Untainted Love.

Love that doesn’t know.
Where hate doesn’t exist.

Love that sees no:
Black. White. Gay. Straight.
Democrat. Republican.
Christian. Muslim. Buddhist. Mormon. Jewish.
Male. Female.
Guilty. Innocent. Rich. Poor.
Young. Old.

Show me THAT love.
And then, Maybe then.
I will Understand.

My Jesus.
My Patchwork God.
My 19 year old. White Girl. GED Recipient. Southern Baptist turned Non-denominational Christian former atheist.
Homosexual Loving.
Wants to be my FRIEND.
Not my boss.
Jesus.

Fits THAT definition.
THAT description.
Of Love.

And I’m sure,
That if he Can love me.

You won’t have to worry about any kind of Love.